Job and Internship Board
Justin Paul Music
Winter 2023 Creative & Social Media Internship
The ideal Internship candidate loves supporting artists and prefers the business side of music. You are passionate about social media, design, video, indie electronic artists, and DJs. Intern applicants must be currently attending a college business, graphic design, marketing, or music industry program in the Los Angeles area.
Jean Paul Music
Fall 2022 Radio & Music Supervision Internship
Currently attending a college business, graphic design, marketing, or music industry program in Los Angeles
You love supporting artists and prefer the business side of the music industry
You’re passionate about indie artists, DJs, and electronic music
Be a good person and demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
Social media savvy (Adobe, Canva, Google Sheets, IG, Spotify, Tiktok, YouTube)
Self-motivated and enthusiastic about the work and music
Broad and developed music expertise
Jean Paul Music
Fall 2022 Artist Booking Music Industry Internship
The ideal Internship candidate loves supporting artists and prefers the business side of music. Passion for booking shows & tours for indie artists, bands & DJs. Intern applicants must be currently attending a college business, marketing, or music industry program in the Los Angeles area.
Marketing and Music Venue Operations Intern
Creating Facebook events
updating and creating copy for Troubadour Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Spotify accounts.
Managing show posters in the venue
Assisting with various marketing duties
Light office duties (phones, filing, copying, faxing etc.)
Venue upkeep (inventories, etc.)
Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Instagram
Intern- Music Management
– We are looking for an amazing intern, who can work 20 hours a week.
– Looking for someone who is social media savvy, to keep up socials and research social media influencers, music trends, etc.
– Establish relationships with influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs.
– Contribute to marketing, publicity and promotion for artists and their music.
– Assist with administrative needs for an artist manager.
– Coming up with marketing and promotional ideas for campaigns
– Work alongside brands for artist partnership and assist the company with upcoming events.
Tenth House Agency
Social Media Marketing Intern
– Someone well-versed in Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter
– Ideally knowledgeable about SEO optimization and how to use Facebook Ads Manager
– Managing the company social media accounts
– Helping run the weekly Clubhouse "WCW Music Industry" panels
– Assisting with influencer marketing campaigns
Tenth House Agency
–Someone who dreams of listening to new music all day
– Someone knowledgable about the music business
–Growing the company spotify playlists and scouting rising artists
–Managing submissions on Submithub, Groover, and other platforms
– Conducting outreach to various music blogs for press campaigns
– Maintaining databases of PR contacts at blogs, radio stations, and more
Tenth House Agency
Music Journalism Intern
– Someone super detail oriented and well organized
– Someone who loves writing with excellent grammar
– Writing articles on the music industry and
features on new artists
– Opportunities to interview artists and other industry professionals
Tenth House Agency
Graphic Design/Video Editing Intern
– Someone highly skilled in video editing and graphic design
– Someone with an existing portfolio of work
– Creating Spotify Canvases for artists and other video editing work
– Editing press photos for artists, creating EPKs, updating websites and other graphic design work
Kobalt Music Group
– This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable professional skills such as communication, teamwork as well as overall confidence to pitch your ideas, but also to apply your own creativity by curating playlists and tagging song metadata.
– You have an absolute passion for music and creativity as well as solid administrative and IT skills with a track record of completing tasks accurately and efficiently.
– You can demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as a positive attitude and an ability to take initiative and show willingness to deliver help where required.
Learning Department Intern
– Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented
– Knowledge of orchestral music and music reading skills
– Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
– Works well in high-pressure, fast-paced corporate environment
– Spanish language proficiency preferred, not required
– Must be computer literate (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook.)
– Should have an ambition to learn about music education
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment
Fall Intern- Actions Sports & Olympics
– Conduct cold calls and marketing outreach as directed
– Development of various tasks
– Create excel spreadsheets and powerpoint pitch decks to organize and conduct marketing outreach
– Conduct research on prospective clients
– Various administration duties as assigned
– Edit, update, and expand media and marketing lists.
– Explore potential media and content opportunities for clients (market research and pitching)
– Assist in targeted marketing outreach for client research
Fall Fox Sports Internship Program
– Design, update content and monitor the operation of the app
– Involvement in technical integrations (APIs, SEO update, etc.), of the website and the app
– Development of new digital products within the website (skins, banners, etc)
– Basic knowledge of HTML, Windows and Office
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
– Successful students have:
– Knowledge of current Fox Sports programming and talent
– The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
– Knowledge of software applicable to your areas of placement. For example:
– Production - Adobe Premiere, Adobe, etc.
The 2021 USL Championship Champion, Orange County Soccer Club, is looking for energetic, outgoing and passionate individuals to help us build brand awareness through marketing and promotion, assist with sponsorship sales efforts and local community outreach, help create the home game day experience, research sports industry best practices and generate innovative ideas for revenue growth. Interns may focus on one of the below categories per their interests, but will be expected to pitch in as needed in all of the above. Internships are currently available for Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 and are for academic credit. Interns will be required to perform some or all tasks in person, with prevailing health and safety protocols in place.
Fall Intern- Film & TV Development
We are looking for a hardworking, personable candidate with strong writing abilities and a passion for Film and Television. Interns will be given an open door to engage in the development of ongoing company projects and the review and consideration of incoming material. Interns should walk away from the program with an understanding of the development process and the skillset and experience to handle an entry-level job in the entertainment industry.
Responsibilities will include script coverage, research, and admin work. The ability to receive school credit is required.
LCP Film Partners, LLC
Internship for Film/TV Production Company
– Work directly with Producer C. Anthony Chase [Co-Founder of LCP Film Partners, LLC]
– You will be working on 2 major Projects.
– Must have EXCELLENT Communication skills and be detail oriented and stay on task.
– Must be proficient in social media, managing word docs and highly efficient.
– This is a NON-PAID (2+ month) internship with the potential for both projects.
– At which point we can offer industry standard pay and benefits.
Fall Intern- Physical Production, Mpg
– Read scripts on current projects to prepare for engaging in departmental work
– Assist department coordinators in monitoring current productions, including tracking production progress, communicating with internal partners, and engaging with POCs and UPMs on the actual shows
– Assist department coordinators in breaking down scripts and preparing them for scheduling – an essential skill needed to further one's career in physical production in the field
– Watching dailies and making notes with production executives in regards to potential production issues, Etc.
Video Production Internship
Student pursuing degree in Media or Video Production.
– Strong affinity towards the electronic music industry Previous experience in filming (DSLR, Canon C Series, Sony A7s, FS700, FS7, etc.) Previous experience editing (Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut X, After Effects, etc.)
– Ability to think on their feet and develop solutions based on feedback.
– Fluency in English. Spanish is a plus.
National Association of Latino Independent Producers
Video Editor Internship
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Create and Edit highlight/sizzle reels, promotional videos, virtual recorded sessions, and other projects as assigned
– Brainstorm and develop various forms of promotional material
– Collaborate with graphic designers and motion graphic designers to create motion graphic assets for videos and virtual platforms
– Organize and maintain multiple physical and cloud drives
– Broadcast conference calls onto a virtual platform for live/virtual events
– Source Music to use for use on promotional videos, etc.
National Association of Latino Independent Producers
LATINO LENS FILM/TV DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP 2022
– Reading and doing coverage for film and television scripts, among other incoming materials
– Update and organize department’s databases
– Community Outreach to select partners and Universities
– Project and talent-related research
– Contribute and take notes during department meetings
– Provide administrative support such as expense reports, data entry, photocopying, and phones
National Association of Latino Independent Producer
Graphic Design Intern
– Collaborate with other designers in strategies and workflow
– Brainstorm/design assets for our sites, social networks, and other departments as needed.
– Photo editing, gathering, and researching.
– Work with news outlets, studios and sponsors with their materials and providing graphics.
– Create digital materials to be posted on multiple social media platforms.
– Communicate with multiple departments on the status of projects.
Healthcare Agency- County of Orange
Graphic Art/Design Intern
– Interns will work with staff to develop promotional materials for programs, including flyers, posters, brochures and social media content to promote various agency programs or services, using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
– Ideal candidates will have experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and demonstrate enthusiasm and an interest in applying design concepts in an applied setting within County guidelines.
Orange County Soccer Club
Graphic Design Intern
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Learn from and work with Marketing, Sales,
– Merchandise, and Operations to design print and online advertising, printed collateral, gameday creative, and promotional materials
– Learn from and work with Digital Media to create graphics for gameday needs, web, and social media
– Learn from and work with Sales and Marketing on flyers, brochures, and packages as needed
– Take ownership and lead design and creative projects as assigned
– Prioritize and track projects through creative process, etc.
Art Direction & Web Design
The Creative Interns primary duties include but are not limited to:
– Writing short-form and long-form copy for a variety of different clients and media - that includes social media, web copy, taglines, paid search ads, billboards
– Researching clients and industries to write knowledgeably and persuasively
– Collaborating with many different types of people, from creative to C-suite people in suits
– Conceptualizing and brainstorm ideas alongside the creative team
– Copyediting/proofreading work
Domestic Jobs, Fellowships, Grants, & Workshops
Company: The Moving Picture Institute
Description: Hannah Earl, a previous CCI speaker, in our CCI 303- Cultural Organization Management course and MPI’s Talent Associate, is reaching out to our students to let them know about The cinematography workshop will take place November 5th -7th in Burbank, CA, and applications close October 18th. The workshop is free of charge, and we have travel scholarships available for anyone outside Southern California.
This is a unique opportunity for students to learn from members of the American Society of Cinematographers, get their hands on big industry lighting equipment, and meet other rising filmmakers!
Company: Awesome Foundation
Description: The Awesome Foundation is an ever-growing worldwide community devoted to forwarding the interest of awesome in the universe. Created in the long hot summer days of 2009 in Boston, the Foundation distributes $1,000 grants, no strings attached, to projects and their creators. At each fully autonomous chapter, the money is pooled together from the coffers of ten or so self-organizing “micro-trustees” and given up front in cash, check, or gold doubloons.
Feminist Women in the Arts Grant
Company: Barbara Deming Memorial Fund, Inc.
Description: We welcome applications from women artists and writers (cis and transgender) who:
- Exhibit high quality and originality in their work.
- Use feminism as their central interpretive lens.
- Value both personal and political changes that stand against the limitations and controls exerted against women while aiming at optimum freedom and agency for women.
- Validate differences that overlap with gender such as race, ethnicity, and class.
- Express an inclusive vision of social justice while focusing on justice for women.
Company: 18th Street Art Center
Description: There are five types of residencies, including local organizations in residence, where arts organizations have their offices and activities on our campus; local artists in residence, where LA-based artist occupy either live/work or day work studios for 1 year or more; a visiting artist program that hosts international and national artists and curators from between 1 to 3 months; a curator in residence, who has studio space for one calendar year to conduct research and foster community engagement through ancillary programs, such as symposia, lectures, and artist talks; and the Artist Lab Residency program, structured as both a residency and an exhibition for an LA-based artist (by invitation).
Company: 701 Center for Contemporaty Art
Description: CCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the understanding, enjoyment, and appreciation of contemporary art, the creative process, and the role of art and artists in the community. Professional artists are selected for a residency through a competitive selection process and may be regional, national or international. Residency length is determined in consultation with the artist upon invitation. Residencies are flexible in length, and may last 2, 4, or up to 12 weeks. (12-week residencies are generally expected to be followed by an exhibition -- though not all the work for the exhibition is expected to be produced during the residency.)
Company: PopMeC Research Blog
Description: This call is for associate editors, who will be regularly invited to join in editorial discussions, form part of the blog’s pool of reviewers, and have the chance to propose or collaborate in the coordination of calls, events, and activities. Our editors can be specialized in any area that can relate with popular media and culture, focusing on specific aspects of the US context. For those who might need it, the chief editor will release certifications of the editor’s position in the editorial team and activities (e.g. as peer-reviewer). If you are interested in applying or you have any inquiries, please send your academic cv to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying for which areas of expertise you would like to collaborate.
Company: Simply Charly
Description: If you love books, as we do, getting paid to read and review them — and adding a free reviewer’s copy to your bookshelf or Kindle — isn’t a bad deal. Plus, you can earn up to $50 for the review.
Be the first on your block to read new books before they're available to the hoi polloi. Show your copy off and make the local literati jealous. Of course, we'll also credit you whenever we use your review, so you'll have another item for your writing resumė.
To be considered, send us an email at email@example.com. Tell us a little about yourself, what you like to read and what insights you can offer Simply Charly's readers.
International Jobs, Fellowships, and Grants
Residency in Singapore
Company: Cuturi Gallery
Description: International artists are invited to apply for a one-month residency in Singapore. This is a unique opportunity to immerse themselves and work in the vibrant and diverse environment of Singapore. It enables you to work in a global environment comprising a thriving art scene, with the potential to interact and work with some of the most promising local artists in the city-state. The solo exhibition at the end of the residency also provides you with an opportunity to showcase your work and connect with audiences based in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
Company: Pepinieres Europeennes de Creation
Description: The fields and artistic mediums of the Pepinieres’ residencies are numerous and often reflect the diversity of partnerships engaged by the structure, whether at national or international level. Particular attention is however paid to contemporary and intermedia and digital arts and arts / science projects, sound arts, videographic arts, performing arts (with particular attention to performance outside of the traditional dance or theatre domains), contemporary poetry and more generally to new forms of hybrid writing… by promoting as much as possible the transversality between the different disciplines, practices and skills.
Didn't see anything that fit?
Here are some general job boards and sites that have more opportunities available.